Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Hope springs eternal



Yes, I am continuing on with the sweater - actually finished the body - and decided that maybe if I ripped back the sleeves and re-knit them a bit bigger I could get project to work for me.

The sleeve increase worked - but when I tried on the sweater, although it closes around my bust, it would need, as I said last week, aggressive blocking to close around my waist. Which is weird because my waist is much smaller than my bust.

Anyways - I am soldiering on - and will make the button band wider than stated in the pattern to see if I can still salvage it for me.

You see, I have fallen in love with the colour, and I really want this to work for me.I was concerned I wouldn't have enough yarn - I only had four balls - but I still have a whole skein untouched - so maybe...maybe, I could frog and re-knit if necessary.

There are those that would say to just frog now get it over with.

But hope does spring eternal, and as some would say this is 'how I roll'. (I actually hate that expression!)

Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. That jumper is really pretty, both the colour and the design. I think I would be like you, and keep going on it, Hope it works out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, I am gonna soldier on.....I will keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. I have a couple jackets that I wear and never button since they don't meet but I still love the jacket. I'd say go for it and just maybe the buttons will be for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good plan, and then I have an excuse to go to button button in gastown and browse!

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.