Monday, May 11, 2015

6KCBWDAY1 - If I were a yarn

It's official.

I am crazy.

I finished the A to Zed challenge to blog the alphabet in April, and now I am on day one of another blog challenge.



I did this challenge last year and loved it because it made me stretch as a blogger. Eskimimi gives us a topic or challenge for each of seven days. So here goes with the first post question being:

If I were a yarn, what kind of yarn would I be?

I would love to say I was something exotic, but in reality I am a wash and wear kind of gal so clearly I am some sort of superwash wool. I am natural enough that acrylic isn't going to represent me accurately.

I think I am one of a kind so definitely a one-off dye lot with the dye lot number 1955. The name of the colour would be

Autumn ain't for sissies.

Totally hand-spun - too much twist in some places, too little in others.

Inconsistent yarn - super bulky in parts, lace in others.

Yes, I am a super-wash, hand-spun, art yarn.

Maybe something like this - a little frayed around the edges:



or this, because it is spun using the fractal method which is good for a math geek:




Sometimes thick and sometimes thin:




often a little stretched:



yes, autumn colours, but always with a touch of blue:



Thanks to eskimimi for hosting this and check out other participants by searching 6KCBW.

18 comments:

  1. Love your examples! Beautiful yarns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - now if I can just figure out what to knit with them.

      Delete
  2. I do love that yarn spun with the fractal method. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleverly written and such lovely photos! Fun to have met you and visited you.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I love all the new bloggers I meet during challenges like this.

      Delete
  4. I love the colours of some of those yarns. I think it is better to be a little quirky with thick and thin bits, and a bit of fraying thrown in as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely crazy to be doing another challenge so soon but great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    I love your poetic way of displaying your characteristics. Fun. Looking forward to this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, this is a great challenge - it always stretches me (in a good way)

      Delete
  7. You forgot to add soft and warm and cuddly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. well cuddly for sure - and with my new sweater I am warm - but my husband would tell you I am always cold and fighting him to turn up the thermostat!

      Delete
  8. Love all he example yarns you chose! And the way you wrote this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. It kind of wrote itself. Some posts are like that.

      Delete
  9. Very clever - in description and metaphor. :-)
    I am so happy to have time to read your posts again after a very hectic couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad your life is less hectic now - thank you for all the comments and suggestions.

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.