Monday, May 9, 2011

First day back.....

I think they missed me. I didn't realize until I was there, back in the saddle, but I missed them too. There were only 11 there, due to illness (3) and a soccer tournament (4), but there was a sweet shyness and reconnecting with each other none-the-less.

I spent the day marking and finding things, and re-acquainting myself with all and sundry. It was a good day.

But, I am tired. I think the jet lag has caught up with me because it feels like bedtime at 7pm.

My surgery is Thursday - cataract surgery, new multi-focal lens will be inserted. I am nervous but so looking forward to being able to see! It has been a difficult 6 months sight-wise, and I am optimistic. My brother tells me that optimism is everything (well, that, and vitamin A, vitamin C and chlorophyll). He is taking care of my immune system and my mental state. I love him for that.

I was welcomed very sweetly by all my colleagues. It seems I was missed. That makes me feel good too.

I feel calm today, and will try not to re-enter the craziness of school politics too soon. I really just want to teach, and be with my class. I do love them fiercely. Even the 'imps'. I have no doubt they will grow up to be quite stellar in their lives. I look forward to witnessing that too.

So, you see, not much is happening. I am knitting a new purse, but with different colours that I am creating as I go. I am reading alot of fiction on my new KOBO ereader. I am watching hockey, and I am bragging about my kids. I am sure I am insufferable to be around these days. So proud. So proud.

So, two more days of teaching before my surgery....keep me in your thoughts....I hope to 'see' you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.