Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Year, new resolve, day two.

Ok, I am back at work. A few hours on Monday to settle in, a few more hours today to prepare to facilitate the welcome back Faculty Meeting tomorrow morning. A few people were around. Lovely hugs, and smiles, and sharing quick holiday anecdotes.

The school looks great. New paint job, some lovely renos....I am positive that this can be a good year. And I am practicing my resolve about the gossip, nittery thing. So far, so good. I have twice been in conversations where I simply said, "I am not going to do that', 'I am not going to go there'. Sometimes aloud, sometimes to myself. And it is good. I am feeling good.

Tonight I am off to Pilates with a dear friend. Neither of us have been for a long while, so it should be 'interesting' to say the least. Another of my resolves, to go to yoga/pilates at least 3x per week.

And walking, to get ready for the Camino next fall, perhaps, in a year, more or less.

So, you see, I am a teacher, and for me the start of school is like the start of the new year. Resolutions, new beginnings, promises made to myself, a fresh slate.

I had tea today with a current student and an ex-student. Lovely, sharing holiday stories, catching up, hugging, alot!

I saw my daughter on skype today with her lovely haircut, her new tattoo, her amazing smile. She is so beautiful. Inside and Out.

My son called and he is flying home on Friday. It has been just over 3 months since we left him at the airport, and I will be so glad to hug him tight to my heart.

So, all is as it should be. I am feeling strong. I can do this. Jack Layton's words are guiding my way

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we'll change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.