Friday, September 20, 2013

Two hundred dollars

I am retired. I don't have a pension and won't qualify for CPP for two more years. Enough said. In the past few days I have seen some things I want to do: join a choir ($200), take a knitting class ($130), attend a conference($200). Hmph. I keep hoping the school will call and need a sub for a few days. That would cover it.

I have spent a lot of money in the last six weeks on physio, naturopath, chiropractor. I am glad that I am able to do this. I have almost complete use of my arm. Probably 90%. My back is still sore as heck, but I am sure that it too will get better. Eventually.

But still, this two hundred dollar amount keeps raising its head. I could put an ad in the school newsletter about tutoring. I could cancel my cable which would save probably 60 bucks a month. I am fortunate that this is the worst of my problems.

The world and media keep reminding me that I am one of the lucky ones.

So, I am going to stop whining now, and count my blessings. They are so many.

God will provide. I truly believe this. And I believe in angels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.