Saturday, April 5, 2014

Betwixt and Between

I have a feeling I have written a post before with this title. But that is how I am feeling today. Betwixt and Between. Unsettled, anxious, nervous, tired, but also feeling like I want to get going. I want to do something, paint something, fix something, go somewhere.

Spring is coming, slowly. One step forward, two steps back. The cottonwood tree outside my kitchen nook window is budding, everyday its progress is noticeable. Same with the apple tree. Soon the chickadees will be able to hide in all its foliage, without being exposed to my prying eyes.

The house is cold. I seek out hot tubs and saunas more than a couple of times a week. Just to get warm. And stay warm.

I feel like I am reaching out, but no-one is reaching back. It isn't true in reality, but it is how I feel. I have put myself out there, put some thoughts out there, and nothing. I realize that I am putting myself out there in cyberspace, and it is a wake-up call to put myself out there in the real world.
The real world.

So I think I will fix something, and paint something and go somewhere. Afterall, once the crossword is done, the dishes are done, and the bed is made there is nothing to stop me.

Ya, it is that kind of day.
Betwixt and Between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.