Saturday, November 8, 2014

Water water everywhere always

When I was teaching a meteorology block a few years ago I learned that all the water in the world has always been here. So this means that water I drink may have once been the tears of an elephant. The rain that falls may once have washed Jesus's feet. The water I swim in may have been in a pond that a dinosaur waded through.

I don't know about you, but for me this is a profound concept. We are all connected by water. All of us - through time and distance - whether we lived 5000 years ago, or live in Africa in 2014.

It is little wonder I like the rain and that I like to swim in oceans, or lakes, in swimming pools or rivers.

Water, for me, is healing. I love the sound of it: pouring from a tap, lapping on the shore, crashing over rocks, drumming on the roof, splashing around me, roaring in a river, pulsing down a waterfall.

Water represents our life force. It is rhythmical. It ebbs and flows. It seems to have a life of its own.

It is a big part of my life.

It is a part of all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.