Thursday, March 19, 2015

I should. Should I?

Today I am feeling full of "I should".

I should dust.

I should vacuum.

I should go for a swim.

I should get out of my pajamas.

I should do the dishes.

But then there is this still small voice.

Should I?

I mean, eventually, of course, I should (and will) do all the things.

But, right now?

Right now what I should do is listen to my body.

I have a headache.

I have a sore throat.

Maybe pajamas, and tea, and my mohair blanket are all I need while I curl up on the couch and watch the rest of Season One of One Tree Hill.

Because I should find out if Peyton and Lucas are going to finally get together.

Shouldn't I?






8 comments:

  1. I had the same kind of day. Except in my case it was sheer laziness, mixed to a recurrent aprehension when leaving my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we have to remember that some days are like that, but not every day.

      Delete
  2. You should definitely find out if they get together! I"m having a 'should I' week. I sent my kids to day camp for March Break so I can have a few days to myself. Best idea ever! But then plagued with 'should I do xyz' or should I knit and drink coffee. Shutting up the "should" voice is hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the knitting and drinking coffee won.
      three more episodes in,.....they are getting closer....

      Delete
  3. Yes you should find out if they get together, There is plenty of time to do all the other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, cause when you dust and vacuum it just gets dusty all over again anyways.

      Delete
  4. I have just read a book that suggests wearing a thick rubber band around the wrist and giving it a good twang every time you tell yourself "I should...
    I'm gonna try it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg...I would have such a bruise on the inside of my wrist!

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.