Monday, July 13, 2015

If I can just find that sock it will all be ok

Yup, the washer is broken, but just the timer, so I can do a load of laundry as long as I go downstairs every few minutes to advance the cycle.

The dryer is working so there's that.

I was having an anxious day - trying to order a new washer via the internet.

Trying to help my brother use the internet to book some air tickets.

The internet is making me crazy enough these days.

Dryer done.

Folding and putting away laundry always makes me feel better.

And my husband was out of socks and underwear, so doing the laundry was definitely going to make him feel better.

Once laundry was all folded I noticed one of a pair of socks was missing.

No big deal.

As Rubber Shoes in Hell would say - 'hahahahafuckingha'!

I checked the washer.

No errant sock.

I checked the dryer.

Nope.

I looked under the bed, the dresser and inside the leg of the pants I was wearing when I last wore them.

Nope, nope, and nope.

I sat down on the couch while my husband and brother continued to tackle the internet/airline ticket challenge.

I got up and checked all my husband's t-shirts because sometimes socks like to hide in there.

Nope.

Hmmm.

Down on the couch again.

Where is that f-ing sock?

This is what happens to me. I believe (I know, magical thinking) that if I can just match up socks the rest of my life will be so much more ordered.

Where could that sock be?

Check the dish towel drawer - you put away a bunch of dish towels.

Nope.

There was that one big bath towel.

I shook it out.

Ta-Da!

Sock found.

That feels better.

See?

I am not a total failure.

See?

I can wash a pair of socks, and dry them and get them into the drawer as a matched set. (You can sing this line to the tune of I AM WOMAN by Peggy Lee - just sayin')


Any less anxious?

Nope.


I bet you all thought I was looking for a hand-knit.

hahahahahahafuckingha!




14 comments:

  1. Oh to only be missing one sock! My washer/dryer/laundry basket makes a meal out of socks. It's so bad that I have a basket that single socks go into and every other week I try to match them all up. So congrats on your sleuthing abilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same but with a lidded bucket instead of a basket. It is a very efficient system. There is usually never more than 3 socks in there but lately...

      Delete
  2. Oh to only be missing one sock! My washer/dryer/laundry basket makes a meal out of socks. It's so bad that I have a basket that single socks go into and every other week I try to match them all up. So congrats on your sleuthing abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always missing socks. I don't hunt for them. After a few weeks, if the second is not found, I throw away the single. Nothing worse than finding the second after the first has been tossed. *sigh*. However, hand knit socks I would hunt for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children have desensitised me to single sock shock. I swear they never wore mismatched socks until I was no longer allowed to dress them.
    And hey...it's a big tick in purple ink AND a scratch and sniff sticker for you and your remarkable deductive reasoning plus persistence combo. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps BTW thanks for the photo of the sneaky motherfucker!

      Delete
    2. ugliest sock ever, but good for long walks inside my hikers cause they don't rub.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I should get an A for Anal....

      Delete
  5. I hate missing socks! I would be looking everywhere too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, it is not like I don't have bigger things to worry/angst over.

      Delete
  6. Totally ROFL with this post...the past couple of days, my family and I have been unpacking cupboards and dismantling furniture so we can move it to make room for laying new flooring. This morning, all we had left to do was pull apart the beds. When we moved the children's bunk bed away from the wall, a big pile of about a dozen socks fell onto the floor! They had obviously fallen down and become wedged there. No wonder my "odd-sock" bucket had been overflowing lately - their partners were hiding between the wall and the bed. That discovery was this morning, so to come here and see your post... there is order in the world...especially when we find the odd socks! :-) Thanks for giving me a laugh after a stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is funny! I babysit three little girls and they NEVER have matching socks. I will tell their mom to look between the bunk bed and the wall. You never know!

      Delete
  7. Oh my comment didn't show up! I did just say that I did think it was a hand knitted sock you were looking for!
    All is definitely ok in the world when we can match up those bloody errant socks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never misplace hand knit socks they go into the washer as a pair, and then are hung to dry as a pair. So unless my washer decides to eat the sock it is all good :)

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.