Sunday, November 13, 2016

Baa Baa Black Sheep - Year of Projects Week 20



My year of projects update is pretty small this week.

I have added six lace repeats to my wayside sweater and I am ready to turn the heel on one of my charity knit socks.

But, the exciting thing is on Friday I received....

Baa Baa Black sheep
Have you any wool.
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.





Yup, three bags, of freshly shorn, unwashed and gloriously smelly Babydoll sheep fleece.

I have already decided that I will spin it in order to make a Cowichan sweater/jacket as I have a white fleece that needs to be spun too.

I am so excited to take on this sheep to sweater project.

Wish me luck.

Meanwhile....back to my sideways sweater. I have just started ball six and hope to be on the sleeves by next week's update.

Also a dear friend sent me this knitting gif.

A gift of a gif!






12 comments:

  1. That's great you got all that wool! I love that gif!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to get freshly shorn wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting going from sheep to sweater. Looking forward to watching the progress. Love the video too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spin your magic... sounds like another amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be very exciting to see the fleeces made into wool and then into a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be interesting to follow the progress of the wool from the sheep. I'm sure whatever you make will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to have the fleece, can't wait to see what it becomes. I love the little animation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you but at least you know what to do with it...me, not so much! LOL! Good going on your sweater and socks. Love the video! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that gif. I posted it on my Facebook when I first saw it. So perfect. And 3 bags of wool sounds like a lot to process and spin. At least you will be keeping busy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to be late - November has been a tricky month - but I love your gif but I am particularly impressed with your babydoll fleece. Thanks for the link - it was an extremely interesting article because I had never heard of this breed before. Thank goodness they didn't become extinct.

    The most fascinating thing for me was the notion of a babydoll sheep being a perfect companion - I suppose any soul who can produce cashmere quality high micron wool would be a perfect companion for any knitter or crocheter! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.