Sunday, April 30, 2017

Yopping 44 - Chinese Rats and Pigs



Here are the two doubleknit hemp potholders I completed this week.







The red and blue one (the chinese character for pig) I had to create the chart myself because the chart included in the pattern was wrong. Here is what I knit from:



And although I haven't done any more on the EZ Surprise sweater here is a video of how it goes together.









I have pinned my baby blanket together so I can start joining the seams - hopefully I won't lose heart and will have something to show you next week.

Happy Yopping All....we are counting down only eight more weeks to go!

9 comments:

  1. Your double knitting is just wonderful. Hope the blanket goes together smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried double knitting but yours are beautiful and double knitting would be the perfect application for pot holders! Lovely color combos too.
    Thank you for the video as I had no idea how that knitted material would turn out to be a sweater! LOL! I have a whole new respect for Elizabeth....I need to try one! I hope the blanket works out just fine as it is so gorgeous. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! You did a video! Now I can see what I only previously could believe. lol Thank you, Mary-Anne, for doing that. I love it. And I love the sweater. I also love your beautiful hemp potholders, and I can't wait to see the finished baby blanket. So far, seeing only the components makes that project something of a mystery to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The potholders are fab, and the video is amazing, I'm glad I saw exactly how the piece folds to create the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your potholders are gorgeous, love the double knitting. Can't believe it is only eight weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.