Wednesday, August 23, 2017

HodgePodge Wednesday - It has been a while



I haven't HodgePodged in a while and this seemed like a good week to start back, so here goes:

1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?

I did watch the eclipse and I blogged about it here.

Hmmm.  Probably the Milky Way bar - if it comes in dark chocolate.  I hate sun chips, I have never had a Moon Pie, Starburst candies are ok - ish.  I don't even know what a Blue Moon beer is, and I do like oranges except I don't like that they leave you with sticky fingers.

2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?

I am over the moon about my new tattoo.


To read about why this symbol is so important to me you can read my blog from April 2016 here.

I guess I like getting a tattoo once in a blue moon - this is my second after six years. 


3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?

I love geeky science.  Yesterday while watching the eclipse we were playing around with the pinhole camera.  The physics of it still fascinates me.  I love flora and fauna.  I love growing things, and watching the birds at our feeder and discovering animals on our camping trips.



4.  What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child.


First day of school photos taken by my parents in the front yard.  The covers they would give us to cover all our textbooks.  The new school supplies.  I loved the newness and freshness of the new beginning of each school year - both as a student, a parent and a teacher.

5.   I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

Rain on the camper roof.

I was diagnosed with a chronic illness when I was 48 years old.  That is almost 14 years ago It is all good now, but at the time we were not sure what the outcome would/could be.  After the diagnosis my husband asked me what I wanted to do with whatever time I had.  My answer was I want to be in the camper with you listening to rain on the roof.   Rain on the camper roof always makes me feel safe and loved,  warm and secure.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

My brain is filled with so many random thoughts these days.  I wanted to answer 'Don't sweat the small stuff' for question 5 but I am not very good at following that advice.  But now I have thought of it again I will try to keep it more to the forefront.

DSTSS  was engraved on a watch my husband gave me many years ago.  You would think I would have learned it by now!


To see other hodgepodge posts click here

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you here and impressed with your tattoo. DSTSS is a good mantra to have. I'm managing that more now I'm not working but I don't always remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved covering textbooks and putting names on everything too. It was always my fave back to school task as a kid and I loved doing it as a mum and teacher too.
    Very cool tatt. The foot formerly known as Not-Prince?
    Cuddles in the rain... you romantic softie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these insights into your heart and mind. I feel that I know you a little better after reading this post. xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.