Sunday, September 10, 2017

Yopping Eleven - Finished Objects



First of all the secret test knit is still under wraps but it is done and I can't wait to show it to you.

(Get the pun - under wraps?  Cause it is a shawl....oh never mind.)

But, not yet!

After the big finish I went back to poor Mr. Bookworm, who, if you remember, I had left all in  pieces!


So I started:

This first pic is somewhat x-rated and rude comments abounded in my house.


This sat on the coffee table for a day or so and my husband plaintively asked WHAT was I knitting.

Things improved with a few accessories.


And by the time he had on all his clothes (and his arms) he was almost done!


The pince-nez spectacles were the final touch!




See the cute detail of words on the pages of his book?


Also I checked on Ravelry and I think I am the first and only person to have made this pattern.  


So once he was all put together I returned to my Antarktis shawl which I finished with zero yarn left over.  I had to fudge the bind off of the last fifteen or so stitches, but it looks fine.

Here she is on the blocking mat before blocking. The headache I have had off and on all week really took a turn for the worse on Saturday so no blocking happened.


So now that was done I started to knit all the rest of the pieces for Hococo the Lemur.

Once knitted I couldn't bear the thought of starting to put it together (my least favourite task) so I knit another twenty rows on my sixteenth Iona square that has been ignored for far too long.

I swear once this lemur is sewn together and stuffed I will:

a) not knit any fiddly toys that required sewing together for quite some while, and

b) get back to my Iona blanket before I (God help me) cast on these really cute socks in the Simply Knitting magazine that Mr. Bookworm came from. Oh, and there is a really cute sweater in there too!

So there is my week.  Three finished objects, and plans for new cast-ons.  (Don't tell my Iona.)

I will leave you all with a link to The Knitting Song  which I discovered this week.


And the link to follow other Yoppers who are as crazy as me - some even crazier as this is their seventh year of yopping along.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary-Anne! I just hit the floor at your inappropriate looking unfinished bookworm lol...too funny. He looks amazing though! Bravo!!! :)

    I love your pun and after reading it twice, I got it lol...my head is in cheese curds at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE WORM!!!!!!!!!!!! It would have been fun to have some company over while he was sitting on the table unfinished. Quite a conversation piece, yes? I am anxious to see the finished shawl. Her pieces are so lovely. I want to see what colors you used for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rude stages are quite hilarious. Looks great done!

    I hate seaming and fiddle bits.i have a couple of Jean Greenhowe Christmas books that i will probably never do anything from, for just that reason exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Yes that shade of pink can elicit many comments, depending on the project! He is adorable! I tend to crochet toys, I just like the look of them better. Can't wait to see the lemur, one of my favorite animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep Mr Bookworm looks very fiddly. Great work this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mr Bookworm! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I had good chuckle at both the WIP Mr. Bookworm, and the song (how did I not know that song existed!)

    And yeah. The fiddly nature of toys and such is why I don't often make them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary-Anne, your Mr. Bookworm is wonderful! I enjoyed seeing the progress pictures all in one post. I first read that line as "nude comments abounded". But when I read it a second time I see you wrote rude comments... ooops #^o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sense of humour and good luck with resolution a) about not knitting any more fiddly things - famous last words ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love Mr Bookworm. And I can't wait to see the lemur.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.