Sunday, November 26, 2017

Yopping 22 - A reveal and a frog

The Sugarplum Fairy socks are now live so I can reveal my test knit:



I love making fraternal socks.  The yarn was left over from my Iona blanket.  It is an easy lacy pattern and a quick knit.  I love how the ribbed pattern hugs my instep.

I spent all this week work diligently on my Spice Market shawl.  Last night I was on the last colour of the middle section when I discovered this:

Can you see the gold yarn stretching between the two spots.  Ack - My yarn in front should have been a yarn in back.

Then while I was bemoaning this I had a close look at the other colours and saw this:


Where the orange pin is - another one! 
I thought for about five minutes about leaving well enough alone, but I am loving this shawl so much I know it would haunt me when I wore it so I PULLED OUT 106 ROWS!!!!

You know the adage.  " You never regret frogging back, but you do regret not frogging back."

Also as my hubby pointed out I am a process knitter, and I am loving knitting this pattern, so now I get to do it all over again.

Here are my colours ready to be reinstated in the proper order.




I have labelled them so they go back in the correct order as the rows get a little longer with each colour repeat.

By next week I should be back to where I was last night. 

I also started a mini sweater thanks to Marsha's examples:

I found a set of six mini sweater patterns from KnitPicks in my binder of patterns.  This one has a fairisle yoke.

To see what my yopping friends are up to this week go here.



7 comments:

  1. I didn't recognize the yarn but I love the color of those socks! My heart went out to you about the 106 rows! Ouch! But I agree with the adage. I am a process knitter also and although I love product too...I figure how ever many hours I can knit makes me a better knitter whether that's re-knitting or not. That Spice Shawl is gorgeous and I love the color gradient you've chosen. Another one for my list! A fair isle that small? Hats off to you! It will be precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know how the fairisle comes, it is knitting these tiny sleeves that is a pain!

      Delete
  2. I love your fraternal socks too! I love that you call them fraternal socks. :) And I let out a moan when I read why you had to rip back the shawl you're making. But them smiled at your comments about being a process knitter and getting to knit it again. :) I'm kind of like Sam above - I try to look at redoing something as simply getting more practice - even if it's painful in the moment. And Yippee! More mini-sweaters! Between you and Marsha, I'm getting mini-sweater happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. join in with the mini sweaters. The water (wool) is fine!

      Delete
  3. Nice socks! Ribbing can be a pair of socks' best friend! So comfy.

    Sorry about the shawl. These days I find the more experienced a knitter I am, the more I rip back. Maybe it's a confidence thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I had to rip back 6 rows last night because of a different error. I think I am getting too cocky, or shouldn't be watching complicated tv shows while I knit.
      :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for fraternal socks! They are certainly fun to look at. Sorry you had to frog back but that is something I think necessary for that type of oopsies. Good for you on fixing that.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.