Friday, December 8, 2017

Narnia

I was so grateful this morning to have been invited to the Grade Seven class play - The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

The set was magical, the costumes fantastical and the children were stellar in their roles. 

There they were:  the daughters of Eve, the sons or Adam. 

Such hope.

Such bravery.

Such promise.

And Aslan. 

Giving his all to save Narnia where 'it is always winter and Christmas never comes.'

I am going to re-read the Narnia books.  I haven't read them since I was in university. 

It is time to go back to those old friends and see what they have to say to me now. 

Blessings on this sixth day of advent. 

-





1 comment:

  1. How wonderful i’m Sure I would have cried!
    I re-read the series regularly.
    They are dear old friends.
    I’m sure they will welcome you back.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.