Friday, December 15, 2017

Wishes

Yesterday The Healthy Knitter asked us to write a letter to ourselves making seven wishes for the new year.

I did this last year too and my wishes for myself were:

1)    A good relationship with your daughter
2)    A resolution to your back pain
3)    To be on a long camping trip in 2017
4)    No car troubles
5)    A lessening of your anxiety
6)    Healthy support for your husband

7)    Lots of Time spent with friends and family.

Number 1,2, 5 and 7 came true.  Number 3 will likely happen next month, and the car trouble (4) was minor and all fixed now.  I believe I am making progress on number 6 and I think my own healing journey  (5) has been part of his too.  I am so thankful to The Hope Centre and to my Empathy Group for supporting me these past six months. 

So, that was last year. 

Here is my letter for 2017:

Dear Mary-Anne,

In the coming year I wish for you,

1)  Peace - peace of mind, peace of soul, peace in your family, peace in the world

2)  Physical Health - strong bones, normal blood counts, strong muscles

3) Mental Health - continued healing and practice of all the things you have learned this year.  You have come so far.

4) The ability to make decisions about the future with no regrets or dilly dallying.  It is time to move forward with clarity and  hope and joy.

5)  More time with your loved ones and friends.  Get out more.  Pick up the phone more.  Plan more.  Write more.  Just.  More.

6) A long camping holiday with your dh.  Head south.  Find the sun and the warmth both literally and metaphorically.

7) Make you first response to another's invitation be YES.  Just. yes.

So there they are.  My seven wishes for myself.  Anyone want to join in?  Let's say them out loud and make them come true.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful wishes ... and all possible. Hard work, but possible. And the best kind of work.
    I am with you. On your journey and shall give thought to what I need to do in 2018,
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this way of making some goals, creating hopes, measuring successes, Mary Anne. I especially love #5. Okay... now to think of what I wish for my 2018...

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.