Sunday, December 10, 2017

Yopping Update 24 - Advent update 8.

It has been a busyish week and I have lots to show.

First of all necessity is the mother of invention (and so is being cheap).

The part of our car key that attaches to the keyring snapped off.   To replace the key would be $171 plus tax!    Grrrr.   So I took my husband's key.  Cast on 6 pairs of stitches and doubleknit this little hemp key cozy.


When I took my car in for a repair the mechanic said I should sell these.  Hmmmm.... Maybe?

Here's an update on my shawls:

First Dying of the Light is coming along nicely:

 and so is my Spice Market:
Also I am keeping up with the Peace Project and I am almost to ripple 14:


I put this little guy in the mail today - how cute is he?

Our knitgroup had their Christmas party last Thursday and we all swapped mini skeins from our stash.  How pretty is this?


We have been above the fog all week and the sunrises are gorgeous!


As are the sunsets:



I went to the Orpheum theatre  on Monday night with two friends  to attend the Prince tribute.  It was glorious:



This week I have Christmas Cards to write - but I am happy that I did get my daughter's parcel off to Croatia.  (The postage cost more than the present - lol!)

This was the first Christmas Card I received this year - perfect!


Today is the second Sunday of Advent:


In the second candle of Advent shines
The light of the plants of every kind,
The roses red, the grasses long,
The trees that grow so tall and strong.
Now the plants are on the Earth,
Waiting for the Christ Child’s birth. 

This afternoon I am taking my honourary grand-daughters to the East Van Panto - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  I was lucky to win four tickets via the miss604 blog.  

It has been quite a lovely week.  A few swims and a long walk  thrown in for good measure.

Also my son has got me signed up for Google Play Music - so I am listening to Prince and Leonard Cohen and Missy Higgins and and and......loving it.  

Have a great week everyone.   Besides the Christmas Cards all I have to do this week is make my mother's famous nuts and bolts recipe.  I make gluten free ones and I bought all the ingredients last week.  Yum.

To follow other yoppers - check out here

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the broken key. Crafters are the most resourceful people out there. Your shawls are all lovely. What an adorable hedgehog too. I have enjoyed reading your daily advent updates. Kerp it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement - I was finding the daily advent posts hard for a few days but I feel I am back in the swing of things now.

      Delete
  2. Loving the key cozy!!

    The shawls are all absolutely stunning, such beautiful work, and the hedgehog is very cute. I bought one similar as a needle cushion at a craft fair a few years ago. It sits on my desk and makes me smile whenever I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the recipient of the hedgehog will be tickled. He LOVES hedgehogs.

      Delete
  3. Your key solution is genius! And all your shawls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to make another fancier one with some rainbow hemp I have.

      Delete
  4. Love seeing the theatre swathed in shades of purple like that!

    As for the key, we bought an extra - cut but not a smart key - for Gavin to wear on a chain inside his wetsuit. That way he can lock the real key inside the car and use the mechanical key to open the door. Still not much cheaper though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a good idea - I have a key that will open the door but not start the car - so when I go swimming I will take that in my swim buddy and leave the starter key in the car. brilliant - thanks for the idea.

      Delete
  5. So glad you stopped by my blog! :-) I will enjoy following you, too! It took me a minute to figure out "Yopping" :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, ah ha - year of projects - it is a blogging group on Ravelry. You should join us!

      Delete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.