Sunday, December 17, 2017

Yopping Update 25


I am happy to announce that my Spice Market shawl is off the needles!



but, oh my look at all the ends that need to be sewn in!

I have been making great progress on my Peace shawl.  I started the border two nights ago and I love the wavy lace pattern.


I have done quite a few rows on my Dying of the Light shawl as well.  Each row is now 476 stitches so if I posted a picture it wouldn't look much different from last time.

On Friday I went to the McNews stand near me and bought this great bundle of Simply Knitting Magazines.  Hooray, another Hedgehog to knit.

and there is a very cute cotton tee I want to knit so it is now added to my project queue.




Today is the start of the third week of Advent:


"In the third candle of Advent shines
The light of the beasts of every kind,
The animals that tread upon the earth,
And gave their stable for his birth.
Now the beasts are on the Earth,
Waiting for the Christ Child’s birth.|"

The two animals on the wreath are our chinese zodiac animals - the rat and the sheep, both stable denizens.

Also my Hoya is blooming for Christmas - five blossoms!  This plant reminds me of my mom - it is nice to have her memory in my house.


Happy yopping dear friends - may you find peace this last week before Christmas and always.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those shawls are splendid, you are doing so well. On the spice market is gorgeous and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like there will be some TV watching for ends to be weaved in. At least that is how I do mine. You have made great progress on your peace shawl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Spice market shawl is gorgeous! So beautiful!
    I really like that little lace tee too. Maybe Santa wil bring you some yarn for Christmas? I have to go google Hoya plant - never seen one before! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful shawls! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the ends... How great that your Spice Market shawl is finished being knitted. I like how it turned out. And is the blue project your peace shawl? It is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished and blocked.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.