Sunday, January 14, 2018

Yopping Update - testing testing

I

I have been working on the test knit for Celtic Knits and I am on the last section.  I am up to 388 stitches per row - so it is going more slowly now, but I love the pattern, and I already know who I am going to give this to when it is done.  Shhh - both the pattern and the recipient are a secret at the moment.

My sock test knit is coming along - I have turned the heel on the second sock so it will be easy-peasy to finish this.



I am still putting in quite a few rows every day on the scrappy bias shawl.  I am enjoying this knit very much and feeling good about using up my bits and bobs.



I also sorted out my worsted remnants so I have some tentative plans for some little Izzy dolls.



I did get some spinning done this week - about 1/2 an ounce.  It feels good to be back at the wheel.  I have left it set up in the living room so that I will do a little bit each day or so.  I am spinning wool that I processed myself - quite a learning curve - but I think it will be good once it is plyed.


On the down side I got a migraine on Thursday which is still with me so that sucks.  I am living on Tylenol every four hours.  I hope today I will be well enough to get to the pool as I just couldn't bear the bright lights and noise yesterday.

It has been an emotional week for me, and I was looking forward to my support group on Friday - but when I got there the sign on the door said it was cancelled this week and next.  I was pretty upset about that but fortunately I have an empathy buddy and we had a good talk on the phone that evening.  I was so grateful she was there for me when I really needed her.  I haven't really needed this for quite a few months so was glad to have her help to find my equilibrium once again.

I am still waiting for my knitpicks order.  It should be here soon.  They say it was shipped on January 3rd.  I can't wait to cast on the sweater I have planned for the cotton I ordered.

So that's it for me.  An up and down week - just like the treadle on my spinning wheel.



To follow my yopping friends, go here.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a friend for support. I hope the migraine clears and next week is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. migraine is almost gone....thank god for the pool and knitting. And friends.

      Delete
  2. Nice sock.....loving that FLK heel.

    I chuckled when I saw how many stitches were on your test shawl needles. Celtics' patterns are fantastic but they do end up with tons of stitches towards the end of the pattern.

    I looked up the Izzy doll. What a wonderful thing to do.

    I love the looks of the spinning wheel. too bad I have no clue how to use one. Plus, I couldn't spin wool. But I could do alpalca LOL

    I certainly hope your migraine goes away and stays there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the bias shawl. It's even more fun if every hit and bob has a good memory associated with it.

    I'm glad you had a friend's support at a low point. Gavin's had migraines this week too, but fortunately extra strength Benadryl has chased his away. I hope yours clear quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be a memory shawl for certain. Hmmm. extra strength bendryl - I never heard of that for migraines, I might give it a go.

      Delete
  4. That shawl is the bee's knees! I am a scrappy kind of gal so using leftovers and making something so pretty is right up my alley...it's gorgeous! So sorry about your migraine and also your issues this week...so glad there was someone you could reach out to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking to the page that explains the Izzy Dolls. What a wonderful thing that is. And your spinning wheel is beautiful. I imagine spinning to be a very peaceful thing to do. I hope you're feeling better from the migraine already or very soon, Mary Anne. Hugs to you, dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinning is very peaceful - my back doesn't like it for too long so I am aiming for at least 15 minutes a day. So far so good. And the migraine is mostly gone now.

      Delete
  6. Love that yarn in that test knit sock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you are already making progress on this year's goal of spinning more of your stash fibre this year. Shame the migraine decided to come along - do you think it is connected with that flu you suffered or something separate?

    How frustrating that the pool sessions etc. were cancelled. That's the problem with the holiday break - missing just a few weeks can set one's exercise progress back. I hope the routine is back to normal now.

    Thank goodness you had friends to call upon in your time of need.

    I love the bright colours of the scrappy shawl and thank you for drawing my attention to the Izzy Dolls. I hadn't seen them before. That's a very attractive little project - not just visually but spiritually. Have fun with your projects and especially in discovering the personality of the Izzy Dolls that are born from your scrap basket! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband has suffered from migraines; one time he thought he was having a heart attack. I'm sorry you've had a rough week but glad you were able to talk to someone you trust and who was there for you to lean on. Your spinning wheel looks fun. I'm not doing YOP anymore but I've added your blog to my Bloglovin' reading list.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading the comments. It makes me feel like I am not just posting into the void.